Effective date: March 1, 2016
ForTrueFoodiesOnly Inc ("ForTrueFoodiesOnly Inc," "we," "us" or "our") provides a community of the best restaurants and chefs in the world as well as their foodie fans. Users can like, follow and learn about their favorite chefs, sommeliers and restaurants, browse through our extensive wine database, buy digital recipes, and share all of their culinary experiences with other Users.
- WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you provide us
When you register for our Services or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your full name, username, email address, phone number, profile photograph, password, comments, likes, dislikes, and any other information you provide us including any User Content that you post to, on or within the Services.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services which allows us to obtain information from those services. The information we obtain from those services often depends on your settings or the privacy policies associated with the other services, so be sure to check what those are.
Any communications between you and us. We may send you Services related emails (e.g., account verification, changes or updates to features of the Services, maintenance or technical and security notices). If you contact us by e-mail, using a contact form on the Service, or by mail, fax, or other means, we collect the Personal Information contained within, and associated with, your correspondence. We use this Personal Information to respond to your correspondence. We may also use your correspondence to improve the Services.
Promotions related information
We may gather and store analytics and usage information when you use the Services by: (a) collecting information about the communication, including but not limited to the date, time, sender, recipient, User interactions, number of communications between you and other Users and which Users you exchange messages with most frequently; and (b) using our own and/or third-party analytics tools to measure traffic, usage trends, demographics, geographic information for the Services and specific features provided by the Services. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Services, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, links, likes, dislikes, location and other information that assists us in improving the Services. We collect analytics information from all Users to prevent the identification of any individual User.
We may obtain log file information: (a) automatically reported by your browser or device each time you make a request to access the Services. It can also be provided when the content of the Services is downloaded to your browser or device; and (b) automatically via servers, log file information, including your request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, device type, operating system type, language, access times, pages viewed, referring/exit pages and URLs, websites you visited before navigating to the Services, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Services, domain names, landing pages, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Services.
We may obtain device information when you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Services. And we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more device identifiers. These are small data files or data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device that, uniquely identify your mobile device and data stored in connection with the device hardware, operating system and version or other software, MAC address, unique device identifier, phone number, IMEI and mobile network information, crash reports or data received or sent to the device. These device identifiers may deliver information to us or to a third-party partner about how you browse and use the Services and may assist us or others to provide reports or personalized content, including ads. If device identifiers are disabled some features of the Services may not function properly. In addition, the Services may access your device's native applications, including but not limited to address and phone book, video and image storage applications, or other storage applications, with your consent, to facilitate your use of certain features of the Services.
If you make a purchase through our Services we will collect payment information from you, including your credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, authentication code, and billing address.
Location Information and Other Information from Devices
When you use our Services we may collect information about your location if you have agreed to send such information via the privacy settings on your device (mobile phone, tablet, or similar), or if you have uploaded photos tagged with location information. We may use the location information collected from your device or photos to enhance your use of our Services by providing you with relevant content and contextual advertising. For example, we may use your location to show you restaurants near you when you are traveling. You can change the privacy settings of your device at any time, in order to turn off the functionality to share location information with our Services and/or the functionality to tag your photos with location information. Please note that turning off location sharing may affect certain features of our Services.
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update the ForTrueFoodiesOnly Inc application on your device
- investigate, detect and prevent fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
- process transactions, send related information and respond to your comments questions and requests and provide customer service.
- ForTrueFoodiesOnly Inc or other Users may run contests, special offers or other events or activities ("Events") on the Services. If you do not want to participate in an Event, do not use the particular Metadata (i.e. hashtag or geotag) associated with that Event.
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside ForTrueFoodiesOnly Inc without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that ForTrueFoodiesOnly Inc is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). But these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your photos.
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy settings on the Service, please change your profile settings. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Services, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Services, or if other Users or third parties using the ForTrueFoodiesOnly Inc API have copied or saved that information.
What happens in the event of a change of legal control
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, or is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
4. HOW WE STORE AND PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which ForTrueFoodiesOnly Inc, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- ForTrueFoodiesOnly Inc, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, ForTrueFoodiesOnly Inc cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to ForTrueFoodiesOnly Inc or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and ForTrueFoodiesOnly Inc, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes made by the social media services you connect to ForTrueFoodiesOnly Inc. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
5. CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION AND ACCESS
You may have the ability to access and update many categories of Personal Information that you provide to us by logging in to your account and accessing your account settings. If you wish to access or amend any other Personal Information we hold about you, you may contact us at email@example.com or by the other methods described under "Contacting Us" below.
If you request that we delete your account on any of our Services (via a user settings page, by e-mail, or otherwise), we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your Personal Information in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Services-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Services, technical and security notices).
How long we keep your User Content
Following termination or deactivation of your account, ForTrueFoodiesOnly Inc, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
6. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
ForTrueFoodiesOnly Inc does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. The Services and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
7. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
8. DECEASED USER
In the event of the death of a ForTrueFoodiesOnly Inc User, please contact us. We will usually conduct our communication via email. Should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US